Hi everyone! I am very much excited about writing my first blog on wordpress using a free hosting platform. All the credits go to Mr.John Sonmez, the man behind
www.simpleprogrammer.com. Along with his mail guide, i did some extra study which i will be listing out in this blog.
This being my first blog, chose a free hosting platform. Once i reach a certain level of consistency in blogging, plan to change over to a paid service which obviously would provide better features compared to the free one. So, let’s start for now!
First thing would be the purpose behind blogging. Have started as a hobby, later would like to get noticed – increase traffic which would finally result in good opportunities. So, when i started to look out for a hosting platform to host a blog i had a lot of options on the web but decided to go with a free hosting service, the one mentioned in the mail guide
https://simpleprogrammer.com/blog-course is a platform with some initial cost. I searched the net to finalize this particular one
The next step would be to configure the platform in order to host your blogs.Under ‘Sign up for a plan’, enter the domain name, password and email to generate the address of your free domain.Once activated by clicking the email link, we will be getting the login details for the host platform/vista panel/the control panel(
http://cpanel.byethost.com/) on the screen. Make a note of the same to logon to the host platform.
So we are ready with the host platform login credentials. The next step would be to do the necessary settings in order to setup wordpress – the content management editor/software on the host platform.
- Create a new database for your WordPress blog.To do that simply click on “MySQL Databases” on your vista panel.You can give any name to your database.Now click to create Database to finish this task.
- Now download latest version WordPress from
https://wordpress.org, and unzip it on your computer.Rename wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php and after that open it in notepad.Put your database name, database user, database password, and MySQL host name in that wp-config.php file and save it.
- If you are using windows then I will recommend you to Download Winscp FTP client from
https://forest.watch.impress.co.jp/library/software/winscp, and install it to your PC.
- Now sign in to your ByetHost control panel and see “Account Information”. There you will get ftp host name and user name.The FTP password is same as your ByetHost control panel Password.Put these information in your Winscp and click on connect.
- Once connected, upload all the WordPress files to htdocs folder using Winscp. The next step would be to open
http://www.domainname.com/wp-admin/to start installation of your WordPress.Now follow the steps as directed during installation to complete your WordPress installation in ByetHost Free Host.
One another easy way to install wordpress is login to ByetHost control panel and click on “Softaculous Apps Installer“, you will be diverted to another page wherein you will find a list of apps, out of which you can see wordpress as well. Just click on install and follow the steps, wherein you can choose to enter the admin user name and password as well or leave it at the default one. Click on install and your wordpress site is ready to blog!
Once wordpress site is ready, login using your admin credentials and under the themes options you can select your suitable theme. Also there will be a plugin section which can be used to install must have and useful plugins as follows;
- Enlighter – Syntax highlighting tool with a build-in theme editor.
- Yoast SEO – All-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps, site redirection(paid) and much more. Here ‘Redirection’ plugin can be used for the site redirection part as well.
- Jet pack – Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress users. Here ‘Google Analytics’ plugin can be used for the analytics part as well.
- SumoMe – Free Tools to automate your site growth from Sumo.com.
- WordPress Importer – Easily export content(post,pages etc) into another website through XML file.
- Export Media Library – Allows users to export media library files as a compressed zip archive.
- Really Simple SSL – Automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https. Images in your blogs may not be visible sometimes since they are not secure. Installing this plugin will resolve the issue.